Tooth restoration refers to the many ways that Dr. Jose Lopez can replace missing teeth or fix missing parts of a tooth. There are many reasons that you might need restoration, including decay, a fracture in the tooth, or wear and tear on a previously placed restoration.
The following is a list of possible restorations:
- Fillings: Fillings are the most common type of restoration and are used to treat cavities or cracked and broken teeth
- Crowns: Crowns are like caps that are placed over teeth in order to restore shape, strength and appearance of the tooth.
- Bridges: Bridges are false teeth that fill in a gap created by missing teeth. Bridges are usually anchored by crowns and then cemented into place.
- Implants: Implants serve as tooth roots – they’re small posts made of metal that are placed into the bone socket where a tooth is missing. The implant is then covered with a false tooth.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable sets of false teeth. Complete dentures replace all the teeth; partial dentures are an option when some natural teeth still remain.
If you or someone you know would benefit from any of these restoration options, please call or stop by Family & Cosmetic Dentistry located in Boulder, Colorado.