Dental implant surgery is a procedure in which the roots of a tooth are replaced with metal posts, much like screws. New, artificial teeth are then fastened onto the metal posts, providing the same look and function as real teeth.
This type of dental implant surgery is performed in several different stages, and you would need to prepare yourself to dedicate many months to it. The largest benefit of these types of implants is more solid support for the new teeth. The titanium in the implant fuses with your jawbone, ensuring that the implants won’t make noise, or slip, or cause bone damage in a way that dentures might.
Dental implant surgery may be an option for you, if you:
- Have multiple missing teeth
- Have a jawbone that has reached its full growth
- Have healthy oral tissue
- Are unable (or unwilling) to wear dentures
- Want to improve your speech
- Are willing to dedicate the time necessary to complete the process
For more information on dental implant surgery, or to set up an appointment, please call Dr. Jose Lopez at Family & Cosmetic Dentistry.