Dr. Jose Lopez and the team at Family and Cosmetic Dentistry provides dental fillings in Boulder, CO to treat cavities. During the procedure, Dr. Lopez will first numb the affected tooth and surrounding tissues. Then he will remove the damaged or decayed part of the tooth. Finally, a dental filling is used to fill the area back in. Fillings can also be used to fix cracked or broken teeth or teeth that have been worn down.
Steps involved in filling a tooth
- A local anesthetic is used to numb the area around the tooth.
- A drill or a laser will then be used to remove the damaged area of the tooth.
- Once all the decay has been removed, the dentist thoroughly cleans the cavity to remove bacteria and debris.
- The filling material is then applied in multiple layers. A special light that hardens each layer is applied.
- Finally, the material will be shaped, any extra material will be trimmed off and the final product will be thoroughly polished.
Other Reasons to Have a Filling
Although fillings are a great technology to repair cavities, fillings are also used to repair cracked or broken teeth. You may even have children or teens that may encounter a dental trauma during an event or activity where teeth are chipped, cracked or broken. Fillings can aid in the repair of such cases. If you are looking to improve your smile stop by Family and Cosmetic Dentistry for cavity filling in Boulder, CO, to see what options Dr. Lopez may have for you.
If you think you may have a cavity or you need dental fillings in Boulder, please call our office to set up an appointment with Dr. Lopez!